• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Retro Eat sign w arrow

fmg

Hi.
Looking to create something like this for a local business.Around 4 feet high by 20" wide double faced (projected from building)
Located in SW Connecticut if anyone has some pointers on this would be appreciated.
Mainly the neon and electrical work.
Please PM if you can help out.
Thank you

Attachments

• %40011+Eat+sign+010_001 (1).jpg
    %40011+Eat+sign+010_001 (1).jpg
    26 KB · Views: 143

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I'm not into PM's but my knee jerk reaction is...

Will the city code allow that sign up?

Will the sign be installed in an area the restaurant has control of? I have proposed signs like this before, only to get shot down because the sign was being mounted on an area of the wall where another tenant was in control over and the tenant did not want a flashy sign in their face. and running electrical was a little problematic because access had to go through another tenants area.

20" seems slim without looking at the design to know of neon is going to work. and again, will code allow incandescent?

fmg

I'm not into PM's but my knee jerk reaction is...

Will the city code allow that sign up?

Will the sign be installed in an area the restaurant has control of? I have proposed signs like this before, only to get shot down because the sign was being mounted on an area of the wall where another tenant was in control over and the tenant did not want a flashy sign in their face. and running electrical was a little problematic because access had to go through another tenants area.

20" seems slim without looking at the design to know of neon is going to work. and again, will code allow incandescent?
Thank you Rick for your reply.
The town of Newhaven Connecticut has approved the type of sign and given the OK to have an engineered drawing submitted to them.
They will then OK the permit subject to all components meeting spec.
The building is a stand alone building so no problems from neighboring business.
Thank you