Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro Eat sign w arrow

Discussion in 'LEDs and Neon' started by fmg, Mar 24, 2011.

1. fmg

fmg Very Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Hi.
    Looking to create something like this for a local business.Around 4 feet high by 20" wide double faced (projected from building)
    Located in SW Connecticut if anyone has some pointers on this would be appreciated.
    Mainly the neon and electrical work.
    Please PM if you can help out.
    Thank you

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    turn right

3. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    rofl

4. fmg

fmg Very Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Nice one Lilo. I was waiting for your smarky comments.Don't you have anything better to do than mock people here!
    Worlds a circus don't be the clown!

5. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    I'm not into PM's but my knee jerk reaction is...

Will the city code allow that sign up?

Will the sign be installed in an area the restaurant has control of? I have proposed signs like this before, only to get shot down because the sign was being mounted on an area of the wall where another tenant was in control over and the tenant did not want a flashy sign in their face. and running electrical was a little problematic because access had to go through another tenants area.

20" seems slim without looking at the design to know of neon is going to work. and again, will code allow incandescent?

6. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
  7. fmg

fmg Very Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Thank you Rick for your reply.
    The town of Newhaven Connecticut has approved the type of sign and given the OK to have an engineered drawing submitted to them.
    They will then OK the permit subject to all components meeting spec.
    The building is a stand alone building so no problems from neighboring business.
    Thank you

8. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    Mmmm hot dogs and cold beer

9. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Quit posting that Rick it's one of my fav projects in the last few years, very impressive. I keep looking for clients that will allow me to do something on that scale.

letterheadfonts has a collection of 1950s style panels, worth checking there as a design starting point. http://www.letterheadfonts.com/fonts/20sixletters.php

10. fmg

fmg Very Active Member

Dec 14, 2009