• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Retro Logo Design

skyhigh

eye candy nice
DEFINITELY!!

Like the color choices and overall layout. I think you could bump up the size of the pump handle a bit more so it becomes a little more obvious? Only minor tweaks but great design!
I would like to see this also

I like it without the artificial crude added as it just clutters up a really nice design
crud?
The "antiquing" is ok, but far from the quality of the rest of the sign......and the application of it, is worse. It looks like a poorly executed afterthought.

Overall, great job !!!! Hope you don't take offense of my critique.
Always a fan of your work.

shoresigns

Actually in this case they specifically requested that we make "Filling Station" larger and more prominent. In fact, one of the earlier alternate sketches had "Edinger's" Much larger. Locally they wish to be known as "Filling Station" not just "Edinger's" and not even so much "Edinger's Filling Station" I think the Edinger's is their way of differentiating themselves from other places around the country also called "Filling Station", but since the majority of their market is local this was their decision, which I support. I guess my point is, this all was discussed, I do appreciate the advice though.

Haha, I knew the customer must have had some input there.

I don't think blowing up the ribbon was the right solution though, as it still looks way too big. Ribbons in retro designs are usually lower on the hierarchy, but the plate is clearly the main element in this design, so the giant ribbon is definitely competing with it and it just looks unbalanced as a whole. If "Filling Station" is the focus of the design, it should probably be on the plate, and almost definitely not on the ribbon.

However, there's something to be said for getting paid by a happy customer and applying your hindsight to the next job.