• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Retro/re-use signs

printkodiak

Does anyone know of a source for old weathered 3d signs? The kind you find on the back roads of the desert. I could build a faux retro sign but I would much prefer the real thing. Ideally I need to find a 6 foot rotating cupcake but I know thats not realistic. An old marquee would be great to.
Thanks for any ideas.

well other than ebay the only idea i have would be to call sign companies that do that type of work and ask what they have in their 'boneyard' and if they are willing to sell any of it.

some electrical sign companies have amazing boneyards but if you are looking for a specific item especially an oddball (a cupcake) i would just build it myself and antique it..the chances of finding a cupcake in someone's boneyard and finding someone willing or able to part with items in their boneyard are pretty slim...some shops contractually can not sell items in their boneyard for reasons other than scrap for a variety of reasons.