• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

retrofit flex to lexan

J Hill Designs

Hey all - wondering if anyone knows of a kit to retrofit a flexface cabinet to rigid lexan - I know there are kits to go the other way, but have never heard of it this direction. Would need to allow for a hangar rail as well.

Any info is appreciated :thumb:

have a great weekend

visual800

Seems to be angle would be attached to facing. If painted to match it should be fine. If you are talking of full blown channel for the lexan to slide in that would be a whole nother animal. if there a reason the do not want flex back in ?

T

TonyC

What we have done...

Each instance is slightly different, according to the cabinet setup, but we have removed the existing frame and simply added a painted aluminum angle piece as a retainer.

If there is not an inner metal piece after removing the frame you can add another 1" angle to the cabinet for the face to set against.

I have never seen a "kit" for this as each cabinet is so different.

petrosgraphics

is the original cabinet an extruded frame. something from say, SIGNCOMP. you can usually swap-out runner extrusions from a base cabinet design.

FS-Keith

did you know the standard signcomp flex face extrusion can fit lexan as well with a channel for hang rails. Just letting you know that. But to give you a solid answer could you tell me the construction of the existing flex face sign?

Also just wanted to point out that sign comp has a rigid face retro system as well, But in reality you could use any type of retainer system with a retainer "lip" as a "retro" frame. depending on size you would obviously want to use struts.