• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Returning to origin

RiXaX

On my old FC7000, I could set a point of origin and scroll out the amount I wanted, seeing if it was still properly aligned, and then hit some other button and it would zip back to the point of origin. I have not figured out how to do this on my FC 9000, and any instruction would be welcomed.

JBurton

Signtologist
I don't recall there being a button for 'return to origin', but on my 8600, if I set the origin, then feed out material and leave it, the plotter will return to origin and then start cutting. More often than not I move it back so I don't potentially start cutting 8' into a roll.
I suppose you could flip the lever just far enough that it tells the machine it has been opened, then hit roll 1 for it to find the leading edge. It'll take 15-30 seconds, not exactly fast.

monroesigns

On my old FC7000 (still being used) it is Home/View button - first press returns the vinyl to the origin, 2nd press returns the carridge to home (ready to cut), then press bottom button (dynamic menu now says "Cancel"). Maybe someone with an 8600 can use this description to give you the buttons/steps on this newer model. Good luck - I inevitably move the vinyl if I try JBurton's suggestion.

Joe House

Pressing the [2] button should take it back to the home or origin position:
1694194862373.png

zillion29

There's . . .a . . . home . . . function? I mean, I've seen it - not once did I ever have the curiosity to actually use it. I can't wait to try it now! No more pre-tracking some 24' job and then holding the arrow keys for 2 minutes like a moron? :p