• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reverse cut reflective??

customcreations

I have a customer wanting me to reverse cut reflective for use on the inside of a truck glass. 3M says they do not have anything that will be reflective on the backside because of the glue. Has anyone got an idea on any that may be. I need white. Thanks--Phillip

Pro Image

Nope....Never seen it or heard of it......

Your customer needs to be schooled on how reflective works......

Mosh

People are stupid!!! But you could cut it, then lam...nevermind that is stupider!!!
APPLY outside the glass like 3M says to do! The glass would limit the reflectivity, tell them 3M says so...

Wiggum PI

if they are determined to do it and pay for it, you could lam it with an optically clear double sided adhesive before cutting?

MikeD

You could lam with the optically clear dbl face adhesive, but you will still have to take care of the adhesive on the 3M product.
Sounds like they want reflective window tint.

Mr_Disaster

Never heard or seen anything like a reverse glue reflective, but whats the idea? To make it last longer? Even the cheapest reflective film is hard enough to last outdoor and many of you should know by experience that reflective film aint easy to remove due ir generally cracks into small pieces.

Marlene

sounds like cut and laminate with clear is only option. any clue as to why he want to put it on the inside of the glass?