Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reverse print for interior windows

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by bayviewsignworks, Jun 11, 2013.

1. We have a customer who wants to put reverse graphics on the inside of his office windows. The windows aren't tinted and he wants to be able to see the graphics from the outside. He would like to use perferated vinyl. We have a Roland vp-300 and Roland SP-540 with cold laminator. Any tips or tricks that you might offer would be appreciated. I apologize in advance for posting this in the wrong area, not giving enough information, sounding like an idiot or anything else.

Tags:
  2. TDFcustomSL

TDFcustomSL Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Kansas
    To reverse print on window perf you would need to use a product with special adhesive designed for printing on. I got an email from SW this morning on a new interior window perf that's designed for what your wanting to do...to me it sounds more like a PITA than anything.

3. Yeah, I'm getting the PITA thing! More than likely we'll sub this part out.

4. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    how about a clear print and back-laminate it with stock white perforated material?

5. MrSalumi

MrSalumi Member

Oct 27, 2012
    earth
    +1 for clear printing.

6. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Graphic on the inside of windows, tinted or not, do not show up as well as ones printed on the outside of the glass. This is do to the window glare disrupting the graphic. Printed on the outside this glare is eliminated, thus a better overall product.

BTW it is 100 times easier to do....

7. jfiscus

jfiscus Map Wraster

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Fellers sells a window perf material that you print on the adhesive side. YES, it works, no idea how, but I tested some and it worked great. (solvent printer) I thought the guy was pulling my leg until he brought a sample in. It is very low tac, but sticks to glass great; no tunneling or jamming/roller problems.

8. Needs to go inside as the exterior signage would violate the sign ordinace.