• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reverse Printing with a Latex 365 printer

AlphaDzigns

Hi All,

I have produced regular back adhesive vinyl stickers and was looking into possibly getting into printing front adhesive stickers to go on the inside of the window. First I would like to know if anyone knows if the HP Latex 365 machine is able to back print white? I believe it can but I am not 100% sure.

Secondly I know that I need to "reverse print" but my question is on the clear self adhesive vinyl, do I just mirror the image in the software and load the roll normally? or do I need to change how I load the roll of clear vinyl on the machine as well as mirror the image in the software?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Luke

RICHARD SIMMONS

Hi ! If your machine prints white, I think that printing on vinyl clear "in mirror" should give the desired result. First the image and then the white

pepford

Hi Luke

The 365 does not print white. At least I am not aware of that option.
To print on clear just load the roll as you would normally and mirror your file.
You can laminate afterwards with white vinyl but if you want to print and cut you won't be able to. Unless they are square shaped and you can cut by hand.

stickerhed

Hi All,

I have produced regular back adhesive vinyl stickers and was looking into possibly getting into printing front adhesive stickers to go on the inside of the window. First I would like to know if anyone knows if the HP Latex 365 machine is able to back print white? I believe it can but I am not 100% sure.

Secondly I know that I need to "reverse print" but my question is on the clear self adhesive vinyl, do I just mirror the image in the software and load the roll normally? or do I need to change how I load the roll of clear vinyl on the machine as well as mirror the image in the software?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Luke

No your machine does not print white, you need to print on clear adhesive vinyl mirrored and then apply a white vinyl with clear adhesive to the print.

RICHARD SIMMONS

Hi Luke

The 365 does not print white. At least I am not aware of that option.
To print on clear just load the roll as you would normally and mirror your file.
You can laminate afterwards with white vinyl but if you want to print and cut you won't be able to. Unless they are square shaped and you can cut by hand.
Well, that's what I do. But I do can cut them in the plotter. I leave some kind of maks, and cut them without problem

burgmurk

Hi Luke
I just put the print on a lightbox/window and trace the reg marks on to the white side with a black marker. Works fine for me, and my cutter (Roland CAMM-1) is a piece of crap!

AlphaDzigns

Buy 54" Clear, setup your prints to be 48" wide and have the crop marks at the 1"/53" mark... Then laminate it with 48" white. Then your crops don't get covered in white and you're good to go.

When you laminate it with the 48" white what do I need to do exactly? Just use regular white vinyl and run it on top of the clear sticker? I'm sorry I just have never done this process before

ikarasu

I print on 54" clear in reverse. I make sure the cut marks are on the 51/52" marks, or anywhere past 48" - Then you use the white 48" to laminate ontop of the clear... making sure not to cover the cutter marks. Then you just load it into your cutter like normal and cut it - I use 48" so Idont cover the crop marks... but you can do it with both 54 materials... its just a bit more work.

AlphaDzigns

I print on 54" clear in reverse. I make sure the cut marks are on the 51/52" marks, or anywhere past 48" - Then you use the white 48" to laminate ontop of the clear... making sure not to cover the cutter marks. Then you just load it into your cutter like normal and cut it - I use 48" so Idont cover the crop marks... but you can do it with both 54 materials... its just a bit more work.

I get that part, sorry if my question wasn't specific. I guess what I am asking is is the clear material just any normal clear vinyl? and is the white just the normal vinyl that I use for my back adhesive stickers?

I understand lamination and all of that but what I dont understand is how I would laminate the clear sticker to the white vinyl. If possible do you mind telling me which products you use for this?

Our normal back adhesive vinyl that we use is Brightline Duration X IM3201X and IM3203X.

ikarasu

We use 8518 for clear and 7725 3m for white.

Any white and clear will do... So long as they match. Ie don't use a calandered white with a Cast clear.

The white needs to be white on both sites. I'm not familiar with white so I cant say if those will work or not... But if the adhesive side of your white is white it will work.

j0e

old thread but i stumbled upon it while searching for solutions to a similar issue so i figured id share another method that might be useful if your white vinyl is the same width as your clear.

after printing the mirrored graphics on clear vinyl, we cover the crop marks that our cutter reads with pieces of painters tape. once laminating with white is complete, the tape locations are easier to see. from there, we *carefully* cut into the white with an exacto and peel the tape away along with it, thus exposing the crop marks printed on the clear vinyl.