• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reverse rounded corners

NolaSignGuy

I have a customer asking for specific sizes of aluminum to be directly printed on a UV flatbed, however they are asking if the corners can be inverted instead of the typical rounded corners. I have never done this before, only purchased signs pre-cut this way in the typical 12" x 24". Is there a machine I can purchase that is reasonable for doing this as they are going to want more and it's something I can add to our catalog. TIA for any info.

1st post :signs101:

Mosh

Thanks, you know how long I have looked for a table mounted slot punch. We have a hand-held and it is hard to use. Those other dies are cool. I am ordering one of each today.

ionsigns

Scallop?

Alumapanel? Hall Signs? Grimco? Suppliers with large volume sales usually have some good ideas. If the substrate is aluminum you can make a jig to hole saw out the rough radius and use a drum sander to finish. If blank is oven baked enamel receptive for direct print...what do to about the exposed metal where the scallop cut out?

Mosh

ionsigns, when we use our corner rounder you do not even notice on .040 that the edge is not painted. Same goes when we cut blanks down on the shear, we don't go back and paint the edges. Not like it is going to rust.