• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reversed rolled Application Tape????

JimmyG

I can at least envision the possible application of proposed transfer tape...stick it in reverse (sorta)?

crny1

I too have thought about this when I dont have enough hands. Alot of times I work alone and dont have a way to hold the transfer tape so I can pull it out over the table to apply. Reversed would allow it to be rolled over the top of a graphic by yourself.
Is this what you are thinking? Not that I have a answer but am curious myself.

Kottwitz-Graphics

I too have thought about this when I dont have enough hands. Alot of times I work alone and dont have a way to hold the transfer tape so I can pull it out over the table to apply. Reversed would allow it to be rolled over the top of a graphic by yourself.
Is this what you are thinking? Not that I have a answer but am curious myself.

Check out a WeberMade premasker. Holds firm at the one end of your table, and you pull out what you need...I have one, and can't imagine the old method with a dowel rod.

J Hill Designs

made my own

Attachments

• IMG_20151230_101753_467.jpg
    IMG_20151230_101753_467.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 104

Andy D

Yeah, we have our tape on bars too, it works okay, but I saw this contraption and thought it would be a much
easier to tape, you would put you vinyl on the table, start the application tape a few inches in front, and just push it across the table....
It would work with normal application tape too, but if the application tape had the sticky side out it could double as a big lint roller...

attachment.php

Attachments

• cfsbindingsupplies_2272_433873.jpg
    cfsbindingsupplies_2272_433873.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 281

Signmaker1234

Found this to be the best for me!

The big Squeegee! Works awesome by myself, no wrinkles ever! I just tape my vinyl to the table! Pretty sure there are videos on YouTube!

player

Yeah, we have our tape on bars too, it works okay, but I saw this contraption and thought it would be a much
easier to tape, you would put you vinyl on the table, start the application tape a few inches in front, and just push it across the table....
It would work with normal application tape too, but if the application tape had the sticky side out it could double as a big lint roller...

attachment.php

I had something like that years ago and it was really heavy. Never worked for us. I guess our tables were not glass level.

Kwiksigns

wookie
That handheld thing is good for 15" & 24". I guess it would be ok for 30" as well, but 48" gets put through the laminator, here at least. I like it for 15"/24" because i can mask stuff off really fast when I am by myself (90% of the time). Just like you said, start a couple inches before the backing and go. we got ours at a show a few years ago pretty cheap or else we never would have got them. You are talking about saving a small amount of time

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
That handheld thing is good for 15" & 24". I guess it would be ok for 30" as well, but 48" gets put through the laminator, here at least. I like it for 15"/24" because i can mask stuff off really fast when I am by myself (90% of the time). Just like you said, start a couple inches before the backing and go. we got ours at a show a few years ago pretty cheap or else we never would have got them. You are talking about saving a small amount of time

We use a laminator for 48" also and one person can handle masking big graphics with no problem. I would be very interested to see how your setup is on your laminator. It is a pain to start because I use a sled to start the premask through the rollers then feed the vinyl through. Any chance of you snapping some photos or a video showing how you have it setup and running some graphics through? Thanks in advance!

Kwiksigns

wookie
We use a laminator for 48" also and one person can handle masking big graphics with no problem. I would be very interested to see how your setup is on your laminator. It is a pain to start because I use a sled to start the premask through the rollers then feed the vinyl through. Any chance of you snapping some photos or a video showing how you have it setup and running some graphics through? Thanks in advance!

I can explain it faster. i fold the edge about an inch so its not tacky. Then while the laminator is still open, i just feed it through by hand. On the other side, i stick it to the metal part of the laminator, maybe 4 or 5 inches past the rolls and make sure it is even and flat. Then I lower the roller and start to mask just as I would laminate. I know its not ideal as I have never seen anyone else do it this way but I have gotten very good at it and waste the least amount of material, even with laminates. If I have some time tomorrow I will take pictures. I am using the laminator for some other stuff right now.