• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Reverting Back To Original Mimaki Ink ?

thetomsid1

Hello,
So I have been using Nutec S10 inks for about 2 years now.

However after the price has been bumped up by my local supplier, I decided to do some research and found that I can get Original Mimaki SS21 inks for literally a couple euros more at digiprint supplies.

My question,
My Yellow and Cyan are almost run out, would it be okay if I bought and used the Mimaki OEM SS21 Cyan and Yellow with the Nutec S10 Black and Magenta?

Or is this a no go?

Thanks.

MikePro

chemically these inks are nearly identical, else they wouldn't work in the printer in the first place. its not like one brand uses ammonia and the other uses bleach, in their mixes.

i'd chalk it up as a "sure why not", but for ease-of-ordering it's much more simple to stick with a single-brand.

also, if you're looking for a trustworthy inexpensive ink to use.... I ran Bordeaux inks through my mimaki for nearly a decade at 65% the cost of OEM. However, the solvent-smell was noticeably worse to the point of causing headaches if I forgot to turn on my exhaust fan.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Every manufacturer is different so you need to call them. If you were able to change over to the S10 inks without flushing the machine, you can return to the OEM's without flushing. If that is the case, using both at the same time won't cause any problems except that it can cause very slight color shifts as OEM and 3rd party inks are not 100% alike.