• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

revised logo what ya think

Stormyj

Just another guy
logorev1.jpg I revised my logo a bit to what I think is a little cleaner. before and after included in image. Feedback? Amigo signs did the original for me.

Last edited:

player

The difference(s) are so minor they makes no difference.

I would change the car mechanic's clip art to something related to signs. I don't think of my sign guy having a wrench as his symbol of the craft. Usually it is a lettering brush.

Stormyj

Just another guy
Well, I'm not really interested in changing the entire logo. more of the detail that was changed. I like the look and the design. I want input on any of the details that are there that might be changed or if anyone sees something that I don't. Another set of eyes if you will. I might change the wrench (service and install), to a brush with a lightning bolt as a handle (more whole sign related) at a later time, but for now...

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The wrench thing is somewhat contrary to the notion of signs.

Lose the remarkably forgettable and equally annoying type face used for the bottom two lines. Find something that's not locked in a death struggle with the main text. Right now it looks as if these lines were added as an afterthought in MS Word.

Biker Scout

The little lines at the bottom need to line up with the ends of the "I" and the leading edge of the "N" framing out the "G" a little tighter.

sardocs

I like the Electro-wrench, especially if installation and servicing is what you do. The simplexity of that graphic is well matched to the name and the services. The word signs is bold enough to make the message clear. Don't swap it for a paint brush unless you actually letter and stripe by hand more than you do electrical and maintenance. I agree about the choice of typestyle for the secondary copy. It needs to be part of the design, maybe even placed over the bottom stripes. Right now they seem unrelated. Leave out the phone number. Overall I think you have a design that is a strong identifier, and very professional looking.

Stanton

The 'lightning bolt' fails to align with the wrench head.

Incongruous.

Art is not a game.
There is a way to do it right.

sardocs

I have to disagree with you, Stanton, I think it's quite readable. Even the thumbnail avatar reads well. The design elements tie well with the business of installation and maintenance. It's possible the quote under your name is wrong, you just might be ....

Stanton

It's possible the quote under your name is wrong, you just might be ....

:smile:

I maintain that if you take that 'art', reduce it to black and white (and grey tone),
shoot it down to the size of a penny and hold it at arm's length...

Unreadable.

Don't hate me because I'm stupid.
Sooooo many other reasons.

:Big Laugh

I thought I was good at Before/After and What Objects Are Missing games, but I'll be damned if I can tell the difference between the 2 logos in the OP.

EDIT: OK, after 10 minutes I see the lightning bolt now goes into the palm of the hand. Is that the only difference?

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
I thought I was good at Before/After and What Objects Are Missing games, but I'll be damned if I can tell the difference between the 2 logos in the OP.

EDIT: OK, after 10 minutes I see the lightning bolt now goes into the palm of the hand. Is that the only difference?

+1

S'N'S

What if you extend the black down to incorporate the secondary copy?

Attachments

• StormSigns.jpg
    StormSigns.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 98

Jillbeans

It looks better with the bolt inside the hand.
Tagline should have the same slant as the name.
Tagline would look better in a panel.
Colors are a bit too muted for my taste.
Love....jill

luxx989

The wrench thing is somewhat contrary to the notion of signs.

Lose the remarkably forgettable and equally annoying type face used for the bottom two lines. Find something that's not locked in a death struggle with the main text. Right now it looks as if these lines were added as an afterthought in MS Word.

Agreed. That wrench makes me think mechanic not signs. If your going to do any major changes Now would be the time, not after you've tweaked this one to your liking. And yeah the letters on bottom. imho

shoresigns

I think the wrench is fine. Definitely looks better with the lightning bolt clenched in the fist. As others have mentioned, it looks like a good designer did the logo, and then the customer messed it up by trying to add something to it in MS Word.

Also, a phone number rarely has any place in a logo unless you're in the business of pizza delivery. It's a logo, not a business card.

There's a tiny hole-in-the-wall Italian market in my neighbourhood that I've been passing by for almost 5 years, thinking it was a takeout restaurant. Just the other day I figured it out, and it took me a second before I realised it was the fact that their sign out front says "Gourmet Pasta" with a phone number plastered all over. Somehow I had subconsciously ignored it for 5 years because there was a big phone number on their sign.