• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reviving HP FB750 Heads

PrintItBig

Hi,

We have some heads for our FB750 that were loaded into the machine, not actually used to print and then taken out again. So they are effectively brand new but they have had ink inside them.

When removing the heads we did flush them through with some print head flush. They then sat for a year or so.

When an engineer tried to install the heads again he couldn't get them working and suggested we use an Ultrasonic Cleaner and some Acetone to try and get them working again.

We now have an Ultrasonic Cleaner and some Acetone. I was just wondering before we do it whether it's a good idea or if we should use some other method?

Does anyone have any tips?

Also, just wondering on the likelihood of getting them working again? Is it something that often happens or are they basically never going to work again.

Thanks.

greysquirrel

I guess Im wondering why your tech forced flush through the heads. If the printer was de-installed properly, there is no need to "additionally or re-flush" the heads. They should have been stored in a zip lock bag after they where removed. They should also have been wiped with flush after they where removed from the printer. I have had heads removed properly and stored and still work longer than a year.

PrintItBig

Thanks for the reply.

Would running some flush through them cause damage?

It’s a bit late now anyway. Just really looking for a method to get them back up and running.

Any suggestions?