• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help RF-640 ink not come out after replace new carriage board and head print.

Brian Winyu

Hi, i need someone to help,or share about your way to solved the problem.
I use Roland RF-640 about 5 years ago.I just replace new Print Carriage Board and head print on last month by followed youtube,(why i do it myself Because i worked in country is not have Roland customer service center.)
The problem is after i did it and order to printed by VersaWork head print it can run on media(Paper) but it run over media's wide and ink it's not come out.I don't know has some setting that i should to do it more. sorry about my english i try to explain

RustyNZ

Hi, i need someone to help,or share about your way to solved the problem.
I use Roland RF-640 about 5 years ago.I just replace new Print Carriage Board and head print on last month by followed youtube,(why i do it myself Because i worked in country is not have Roland customer service center.)
The problem is after i did it and order to printed by VersaWork head print it can run on media(Paper) but it run over media's wide and ink it's not come out.I don't know has some setting that i should to do it more. sorry about my english i try to explain
I'm not familiar with your machine but check the flat cables that connect to the print head are plugged in correctly at both ends and have not been damaged.

Brian Winyu

Thank you Justin H for read and share ideas to me.
but in my view the machine will notification on screen "wrong head install" when you connect wrong cabels.

RustyNZ

Thank you Justin H for read and share ideas to me.
but in my view the machine will notification on screen "wrong head install" when you connect wrong cabels.
It is possible to plug the connectors in but not all the way, in fact if you aren't familiar with working using these kinds of cables it is quite easy to think you have plugged it in all the way but it is on an angle and not fully connected. The machine may still think it's plugged in as well because the pin that it checks for connection is connected but not all pins are connected.

If those flat cables go to the print carriage board then I'd think that'd be the next suspect or the connector from the carriage board to the main board could also not be connected properly.

I mentioned earlier that I'm not familiar with this model but other machines I've worked on the print heads are just the same for all colours so the printer doesn't actually know if it's a 'wrong' print head. I don't really think you mixed up your connections though because they would still fire (unless the printer did detect them wrong), you'd just have the colours print in the wrong places.

E Coloney

Be sure the power is OFF before tinkering with the flat, ribbon cables. If you pull one out with the power on, it'll destroy the printed circuit board on top of the print carriage and you'll need to replace it.