• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RF 640 Magenta missing

heyskull

On my RF 640 after doing a perfect nozzle test this morning, whilst printing some banners both magenta channels started to fail.
On removing the cover you can see air in both the magenta lines.
Whilst doing some cleans the magenta is not moving.

What should I do?

Thanks
SC

heyskull

Update:-

I have carried out a few Super Cleans on the Magenta but it still isn't pulling in any Magenta on both lines.
I have an engineer coming over on Friday morning and he is going to change the Cap Top as he suspects this is what has failed.
This seems plausible, as the Magenta nozzles are either side of the print head.
Fingers Crossed!

SC

heyskull

All good again bar one little incident where last night the magenta on the right hand side lost a load of nozzles.
Turns out there was a little bit of air in the magenta line on that side and after one Super clean it was all good again.

SC

BunnyOne

Hello,
Do you still have the same issue ?
One of my RF640 is losing the left magenta channel sometimes during the night, sometimes while printing. I don't know what to do. After a Super Cleanning on Magenta, it's ok, but it's not a solution.