• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RF 640 Pros and Cons?

jeff412

We currently have an SP-540V and a GX-640 cutter. I am looking at upgrading the SP to the RF-640. I don't need the cut option since I have the GX. I am really interested in the speed. Does anyone have any experience with this machine? Is I as fast as h claims? Can you share your insights?

Thanks,
Jeff
https://www.stickertalk.com

LFC911

Pros: speed, increased take-up capacity (110#), 2-year trouble free warranty, up to 5-year extended warranty, Roland Printer Assist, 521 sq/ft hr 1-pass, 289 sq/ft hr 2-pass, nozzle tests in scan direction to save media, etc...

jeff412

I am also looking at the HP 360 Latex printer. It is higher speed, but also a higher price. I really don't want to change our process, so I'm leaning toward the RF-640. Any other opinions?

Jeff
www.stickertalk.com

Gene@mpls

Just talking to Bobby Fosson at CS sign supply (Merchant Member) about this printer today- looks like the printer to replace our VP-540 to me. And a great
price. Gene

Robert M

Mimaki CJV-300 is faster

Have a look at the new Mimaki CJV-300 print/cut. This printer has dual print heads with speeds up to 990 sfh.

econolinesigns

We were just at the SGIA show for the last couple of days and looked at the RF 640. The top speeds listed are for banners. On vinyl we were told at the Roland booth that it will only print about 110 to 1150 sqft per hour as the vinyl can not absorb the ink as quickly. Not a huge speed inprovement over our SP540V for us. Would offer the extra print area.