• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rf 640

evie

I am now printing with my RF 640. On install we found a manufacturer error, where the head kept hitting the upper cover and would come to a stop. My installer had to add washers to the cover connect to bump it up, so the head could pass. We needed to do this on both ends. It calibrated properly, and so far is printing good. I am using Onyx, but notice that when I print a "non cut" file, and use versaworks instead of onyx, it Seems like the profiles print cleaner. Having a separate plotter vs. A print/cut seemed to be the most challenging issue, and I ended up with an onyx upgrade as the only solution that seemed to work with all machines.

Gene@mpls

Hi Evie- I have the same printer in shipment. Are you meaning the clear plastic front cover that opens or the metal upper? I am replacing a VP
and am hoping for better and faster. I have a GX cutter so will stick with Versaworks (hopefully) Thanks Gene

evie

Hi Evie- I have the same printer in shipment. Are you meaning the clear plastic front cover that opens or the metal upper? I am replacing a VP
and am hoping for better and faster. I have a GX cutter so will stick with Versaworks (hopefully) Thanks Gene

It is the metal cover. The head is higher on the right, by about 1/16", so it catches the top right screw on the housing every time it moves. Rolland know about this and has a "fix", but all they give you is a bag of washers. The washers lifted the housing so the head could pass. It is faster than my gs6000, but that's all I have to compare it to.