Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RF640A

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Alex C, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Alex C

Alex C New Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Martinique
    Hi guys what can you tell me about the RF-640A..
    A contact is selling his RF640A, he is using third party RIP software, i wanted to use VersaWorks cause Versa is friendly. The printer wont accept Versa?
    Any idea why?

Yours,
    Al

Tags:
  2. Bert Wondervan

Bert Wondervan Member

Nov 8, 2018
    Germany
    I think so. Just install VersaWorks software on your PC and check out or driver of RF-640A supported.

3. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn
    Gotta wonder what an RF640A is? We bought a RF640 three months ago and it uses Dual Versaworks, BTW.

4. Alex C

Alex C New Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Martinique
    There is no RF-640A driver in Versa..
    Can i add the driver?

5. Alex C

Alex C New Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Martinique
    Unknown to you? Its a 4-Cartridges printer from China ..

6. sheitmar

sheitmar Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Saskatoon
    I'm guessing this is a regional variant of the RF-640? From what I could decipher looking at these two sites:

https://www.rolanddg.co.in/products...40a-wide-format-inkjet-printer/specifications
    https://www.rolanddga.com/products/...40-large-format-inkjet-printer/specifications

One uses Max 3 ink, the original uses Max 2. Not sure if there are other differences or not. If that's the case, I would be surprised if you have driver support in Versaworks. It's possible but unlikely. I would try contacting Roland directly - they might be able to help you. I'm thinking you are stuck with a third party rip, unfortunately!