• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RGB / CMYK numbers to vinyl?

mudmedia

Evening s101 members

I am curious to if there is a way I have a customer who is a out of town customer wanting some cut lettering stuff done. He gave me RGB / CMYK color codes for their logos and I am trying to match it to a Oracal 751 or 951 vinyl. Any suggestions on doing this?

Unfortunately my monitor is not calibrated so I am unsure if what I see on the monitor is the true color. I could send him a Oracal book with vinyl samples if I cannot get a good match was just trying to save a couple days.

MikePro

you may be able to obtain PMS #'s from CMYK values. it won't be exact, but it will be close. then, you can obtain a vinyl color from those PMS #'s.... which also won't be exact, but close.
in the end, he's better-off either picking something close from a color chart or having the color printed/painted.

J Hill Designs

how do we know HIS monitor isnt all out of calibration as well? at least have him give you a sherwin williams number or something concrete

ORAFOL Americas

Merchant Member
Color Conversion

Matching vinyl colors to RGB, CMYK or Pantone colors is a very common issue. Attached is a chart with approximate RGB, CMYK and HexID's for all of our graphic film colors. Please remember these are not exact matches, but they should be close. We always recommend requesting a sample of the color(s) in question.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

• master-RGB-conversion-chart.pdf
    301.2 KB · Views: 19,120
  • Agree
Reactions: VFT

MikePro

Matching vinyl colors to RGB, CMYK or Pantone colors is a very common issue. Attached is a chart with approximate RGB, CMYK and HexID's for all of our graphic film colors. Please remember these are not exact matches, but they should be close. We always recommend requesting a sample of the color(s) in question.

I hope this helps.
AWESOME!
this one's a keeper

2B

Now that's a helluva first post...! :thumb:

Welcome to Signs 101, and thank you for the chart! :Welcome:

+1

you are DEFINITELY being placed the LURKER category, :covereyes: joining in 2010 and it takes this long for a reply

Don't be a stranger especially if you are bringing such useful information