Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB to CMYK Conversion??

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by Arlo Kalon 2.0, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Arlo Kalon 2.0

Arlo Kalon 2.0 Very Active Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Reno, TX
    First time I've hit this obstacle:
    Only reference I have for a logo color is two RGB sets of numbers for a red and blue. I mean two sets of numbers for each color, because in Photoshop there was a warning about first numbers not being "In Gamut For Printing". A second set of numbers were given that were "In Gamut To Print" (??).

Anyway, I'm rushed for time to get these onto magnetics. Was wondering if anyone could translate this for a CMYK match for the EDGE?

Blue/ "Out of Gamut" numbers / R8, G66, B156
    "In Gamut" / R47, G75, B145

Red/ "out of Gamut" numbers / R239, G24, B33
    "In Gamut" / R205, G48, B54

I hafta print 'em as Process since I don't have Spots "close enough" for either color too. Thanks

Tags:
  2. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    Don't have an edge but try these cmyk numbers - they should match pretty close to the out of gamut #s you posted:
    Blue - 100cyan,85magenta,5 yellow, 0 black
    Red - 100magenta,100 yellow (standard RGB red)

Hope this helps!

3. Arlo Kalon 2.0

Arlo Kalon 2.0 Very Active Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Reno, TX
    Thanks Stacy... these worked perfect!

4. Spot Color

Spot Color Member

Oct 13, 2004
    Hey I've been there before. I bought a Pantone color bridge guide and life got a whole lot easier right away. I think you can find one on Ebay or from many local suppliers.

Wayne