• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help RGB to CMYK in Rasterlink

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
Hey everyone,

Looking for some help on this. I've been printing files with a combination raster image and vector image combine. (Typical sign with a photo in it) in Rasterlink . The fonts and lines etc come out great for color (vector) but the images (raster) come out muddy, flat, colorless etc. If I go into Adobe and convert file from RGB to CMYK everything comes out beautiful. Am I missing something in the RIP that should be doing this for me, like Versawork does? Is there a setting I'm missing? Going into adobe on every file takes time I would rather spend elsewhere... Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

unclebun

Don't know any specifics about Rasterlink, but that is a RIP setting problem. It either has to do with the import/export profiles you're using in your software and RIP, or a setting in the RIP. Normally if you convert to CMYK from RGB you'll lose colors and brilliance.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Go into the color matching settings in Rasterlink and make sure the "Color matching method", AKA rendering intent, is the same for image and illustration.

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
Go into the color matching settings in Rasterlink and make sure the "Color matching method", AKA rendering intent, is the same for image and illustration.
This section (Color Matching) in the quality tab is greyed out. the drop options are Mimaki_Expand_Color, Gray Balance. and ColorMatchingOFF. The illustration and Image sections are not accesable.... from what I can tell. Thoughts on how to get in there? Thanks for the help

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
This section (Color Matching) in the quality tab is greyed out. the drop options are Mimaki_Expand_Color, Gray Balance. and ColorMatchingOFF. The illustration and Image sections are not accesable.... from what I can tell. Thoughts on how to get in there? Thanks for the help

There should be a little check box called, "Valid". Make sue that's checked and it should allow you to change the settings.

kffernandez

i have a UCJV300-160, using rasterlink and had my machine supplier produce a custom profile for my media. like what you've mentioned, in order to print decent colors, (1) my files needed to be in cmyk, and (2) had to use the default color matching options. if it was set to anything else, the colors will come out as muddy and flat like you said.

during the profiling process, i didn't particularly see any option to use which color space, or which particular input profile. so, i really have no idea how it is supposed to be set up properly, nor does the tech know. :p frankly, for rgb, i've had more luck with canned profiles.

hope this helps!

kelly