• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

rhinestone pattern in a using flexi

PHOTO GALORE

hello guys.

i have flexi 7.5 v2 and lxi expert 8.6

is there any way i can create rhine stone pattern using theese softwares.

i want to fill the test letters with small circles

or which is the best way to go.

thanks in advance

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

Attachments

• Crystal.jpg
    Crystal.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 221

PHOTO GALORE

hello fred

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am looking for something that will convert the outlines of images and text into small circles ( as small as 2 mm in some cases).

please see the image attached below. i want to convert image 1 (or text file) to image 2.

how can i do this in flexi or lxi?

rhinestones pattern.jpg

or which software has this option that support vinyl express qe 60.

Thanks for your time..

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You can do that in Flexi and probably LXi depending on the version you have. You would do it using the Text on Path tool after first converting your text to outlines. It would probably work best by typing the bullet (Alt +0149) with a space between each entry.

Once you have the entry made, select all and convert to outlines, then delete the original letter paths.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Another way that almost works would be to scale your text up pretty big and then set the stroke to the dashed preset.
Convert the stroke to outlines
use convert to shape> circles to get dots out of the dashes.
The issue is that the dots are not all consistent in size.
You can use the "same size" option to get them all to one size.

wayne k
guam usa

PHOTO GALORE

hi

hello guys,

hope every thing is good.

First of all thanks for the information.

gac 05

your method is nice and it works perfectly well on big fonts but only problem is that it doesn't fill too many dashes on small fonts.

can i control the number of dashes to be filled. or make a circular patteren or stroke to be filled.

fred

i am new to this . i have flexi 7.5 v2 and lxi v 8.6

can u please explain the whole process. (step by step if possible) i couldn't get your method to work. actually i couldnt find text on path option

Thanks for your time and effort.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
fred

i am new to this . i have flexi 7.5 v2 and lxi v 8.6

can u please explain the whole process. (step by step if possible) i couldn't get your method to work. actually i couldnt find text on path option

Thanks for your time and effort.

Hold down the text entry tool button to see and select other text entry tools including the text on path tool. You will find excellent instructions on its use in the Flexi help file built into the program.

You will be able to control whether the path is the baseline, mid point or height line of the text as well as be able to vary the spacing by using the control in Design Central.

Attachments

• text on path.jpg
    text on path.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
PG there is not a lot of control with the dash patterns in flexi that I can see.
What you need to do is scale up the small letters to a large size to get your dot pattern then scale it back down to the size needed in the layout.
There are other programs out there that cost less, have more design options and may be easier to use in the long run over the applications you have now.
The end results can be brought into flexi/lxi for plotting if needed.

This one is hard to beat for $89.00
http://www.xara.com/us/products/designer/

wayne k
guam usa