• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rhino Cutting Mat?

showcase 66

I ordered last week 2 rhino mats for my tables. one is 4x8 and fits perfect on my one table but the other I purchased was a 4x6' for a smaller table. The smaller table is actually 40" x6' so I need to cut off about 8" of the mat.

I was wondering if anyone has had one of these mats and if they have tried to cut one down before. I was originally thinking it was more of a rubber like material but it is more like plastic base material.

I am going to try and cut it tomorrow morning but wanted to see if anyone had the best way to do it.

Thanks

AUTO-FX

Just score it along a straight edge and then apply bending pressure while you score it some more. It will go more easily than you would think.

Patentagosse

'Got my heavy-duty plastic/laminate cutter to work (the one I use on Plexiglass® or acrylic sheets) and 'done the job in short time. I made 56" X 8ft, tables to work my large prints but cutting mats came in 60" x 10ft so I know where you're going to...

showcase 66

Just score it along a straight edge and then apply bending pressure while you score it some more. It will go more easily than you would think.

That is what I was thinking about doing. My plexi cutter cuts a v groove but wasnt sure if it would cut okay.

I just used a circular saw to trim mine to size. messy but worked great

Thought about that too but I dont really want to deal with the big mess it will make. At least not where the table is anyway.

Thanks for the advice.

bendeane

Been using these for years, and have cut through them many times cutting sintra and foam board by hand. I would imagine a few quick swipes with a razor knife and a straight edge would make a nice clean cut.

Sign Works

I simply used some Quick Clamps to hold the mat in place and ran a router with a flush trim bit all the way around the table, worked perfect especially since my production table has rounded corners on one end.

This is also my method of cutting down large sheets of polycarbonate for sign faces.

Oh and the mess, that's what a shop vac is for.

Attachments

• 27356-01-500.jpg
    27356-01-500.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 220
  • 31O8eiO+ZhL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    31O8eiO+ZhL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 213
Last edited: