• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ri-Jet75GWOP vs 3mIJ4010

projectneon

hello,
i had a sales man come in and lay down some prices on a rijet75gwop, at $315 per roll, i haven herd much about this media but he tells us itll be the same if not better than the 3mij40, only diference is the 25mics, but he wants $470 for the 3m roll. clearly the rijet must have some issues, just tring to findout what they are and if its good for printing on a jv33

cheers,

Custom_Grafx

Depends what you're using it for and what you expect from it I guess.

If you want proper back up and support if you have issues, go with 3M. (debatable though - some people will tell you they don't support, and some will).

If you just need something that's half decent, and you're not too worried about little issues here and there (maybe some intermediate board/panel signs), then ritrama should be fine.

I used the 75 with air release for a bit, but one roll had some issues with contamination, but was replaced.

I used the clear ritrama for quite a few reverse jobs too, and that was fine, no issues. Although, mainly used for indoor type sale stuff, or some intermediate window stuff, nothing heavy duty.

It all comes down to what you want to use it for.

projectneon

thanks alot! i think ill operate with the two of them!
i have a whole supermarket to revamp which guestimated we have around 75m2 of printing so the ritrama should be fine for that.
then we have some outdoor country jobs which need to be atleast a positive 5yr so the 3m will be good for that work hopefully!

thanks for your help :)

Custom_Grafx

Outdoors for 5 years, I'd suggest a cast vinyl (180 or something). Some might say overkill, but yeah... depends where it's going and edges etc.

projectneon

we have looked at the 180 its just the price there offering isnt the best, but were doing jobs in kalgoorlie installing signs on the front of old awnings, mite be the only way to go for reliability??