• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RICOH L5160

KEYSER SOZE

Saw the Ricoh L5160 latex/resin when it was first released at a Sydney trade show a few years ago.
It was producing impressive prints on SAV (including the white ink) at reasonable speeds.
Certainly significantly better results than then current HP 300/500 series, particularly the black.

Print lengths between panels was also spot on, and apparently no colour shift either with non-sacrificial print heads.

With the lack of a separate optimizer/primer the ink wasn't as scratch resistant as the HP, but no worst than solvent/ecosolvent.
That's not an issue for us anyway, we laminate most of what we print and have a Colorado 1650 for that anyway.

Ricoh still sell and support them.

So the question is - has anyone bought one of these ?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
What I've heard the printing is fine and all that but apparently the loading of the material is kind of terrible design. Which overall makes the machine sort of crappy. Now take it with a bit of salt but that's what a customer told me.
I would definately book a demo and ask to load and print different materials my self.