• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RICOH Tec Lighting Wide Format UV coater- MEGACOAT

FASTSIGNS

Morning,
Anyone have any experience with this coater? Looking to extend the life of exterior alum signs (that have been flatbed printed) in south florida. Its a big price tag, but the cost to run is low (or so they say :) Also interested in the flood white. Normally used in the print industry so there is not much info in the sign applications. They say it will extend the life 3-5 years. Skeptical so looking for any experts in this group.

tia

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, in addition to the 3 to 4 years ya already get from the inks, they're gonna extend another 3 to 5 years ?? So, that's anywhere from 6 to 9 years ?? Sounds a little incredulous.

Hmmm..... why don't they just add it to the ink itself ??

FASTSIGNS

RICOH is the reseller of this coater from Tec Lighting. No printing involved- just a liquid coat applied after printed (somewhere else in the shop). Thats exactly our thoughts. How can this coating extend the life of the inks and additional 3 years? But if it is true is that worth it?
Machine has to be changed from white to lam (can also do dry erase and antigraffiti)

White Haus

Not a Newbie
How can this coating extend the life of the inks and additional 3 years?

The same way that a pvc/pressure sensitive overlaminate can. Or clearshield/frogjuice/whatever other brand of clearcoat. You're adding something between the ink and the elements.

High-volume companies use coaters all the time I'm sure, it's way cheaper/faster than using pressure sensitive laminates.