• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ring ID advice?

Tharnpheffa

Hi guys,
My dad found this while poking around under an old pier about 25 years ago.
Can anyone advise me on where I can get any info. on it?
My local jeweler thought it was Asian, handmade. Looks like a hummingbird
and leaves and flowers. The stamps are an unidentifiable oval with a space, then a crown, followed by 916, followed by 2 marks about the size of the crown.
Thanks !

Attachments

• ring1.JPG
    ring1.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 119

iSign

you mean those microscopic stamps on the inside of jewelry?
although it might be tricky, if you really want to try to get info, I would think the effort to get good photos through a magnifying glass might be worth your time... then beyond that I don't have much advice, except "antique roadshow" maybe?

Tharnpheffa

Yes those little marks. I have a jeweler's loupe, so the other marks are may be rubbed out. Thanks for the thought, though. I just had a guy on another forum offer to appraise it for $75 bucks. Righto.

iSign

I just had a guy on another forum offer to appraise it for $75 bucks. Righto.

wow, really? I know strangers on the internet you can mail it to for a free appraisal. :omg:

So far all my stuff has been appraised to be "not even worth sending back" ...but at least they didn't waste time writing me to say so, since it soon became rather obvious

Tharnpheffa

Do tell...I'm not really intersted in the value, just the origins. It's been something of wonder, tucked away in a box.
I miss him, it just struck me, looking over his stuff.