• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rip error code -6

gwarren

We just purchased a used Mutoh Valuejet 1604 printer. We had a tech come out and make sure everything worked. He maintenanced the machine and hooked it up to his laptop and got it printing nicely with Flexisign 8 on his laptop but never tested it on my machine. Im also running Flexisign 8 but cant get this thing running on my machine.

Im trying not to call him back here. When I try to rip and print from flexi in production manager it just say riping 0% and goes no further.n It also give me an error "Caught exception, error code -6".

I am running Flexisign 8.1 on Windows 7, 8gb ram. Can anyone help with this?

:banghead:

knabbie

Have you tried to restart your computer? It seams like flexi is having a problem in the computer not the printer. Flexi will usually will rip then it need to send it to print, unless the rip is set up to rip and print at the same time.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Flexi 8.1 does not run so well on Windows 7 and with 8gb of ram I have to assume 64 bit. FlexiSign up to 8.5 has well known issues running on Windows 7 x64. Need 8.6v2 or or the newer version 10. I think some have gotten it to work though. I know 8.6v2 works fine with Windows 7 though. Not sure what updates there are for 8.1 but you should probably download any updates from SAI and install those.

You cannot upgrade 8.1 to 8.5 (or 8.6v2). The only upgrades available now are to version 10. Might also try experimenting with setting Windows compatability mode settings for both Production Manager and Flexi. I really do not know if that will make it work though.

gwarren

Compatibility mode worked!! I set it for Windows Vista and now its riping and printing!!! Thanks for suggesting that!

Last edited:

EWGraphics

Good Morning all, I just recently experienced the similar error message when trying to send a job to print w/a contour setup. A bit confused on what was done to resolve this exactly. Compatibility mode, was mentioned. A little clarity for those of us on the slow side here. :)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Good Morning all, I just recently experienced the similar error message when trying to send a job to print w/a contour setup. A bit confused on what was done to resolve this exactly. Compatibility mode, was mentioned. A little clarity for those of us on the slow side here. :)

Right click the production manager icon and then click "Properties". A window will pop up and in that window there will be a tab called, "Compatibility". Click on that and it will give you options to run the program in older versions of windows.

EWGraphics

Right click the production manager icon and then click "Properties". A window will pop up and in that window there will be a tab called, "Compatibility". Click on that and it will give you options to run the program in older versions of windows.

Hi, thanks for the tip. However, this pops up and as you can see, there is no "compatibility" tab, or a drop down menu anywhere to resolve this. Working w/Flexi 8.1v1. Could this be why? My copy is too old?

upload_2019-1-11_11-5-58.png