• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RIP & Print to Cut - Registration Issue

Roen

Morning All,

Been having a rather bizarre problem over the past two months (strangely enough, since our former Graphic Designer quit) that I was wondering if anyone had any input/experience with a similar issue.

Currently, I am working with:

FlexiSIGN-Pro 7.6v2
Mimaki JV3-160SP wide format Printer
Summa 1600T wide format cutter

The issue that I am having, pertains to registering my contour cuts from the mimaki to the Summa. We use flexi for all our RIP & Printing, as well as cutting on the summa as well. What occurs however, when I set up a contour cut on a printed image (and line it up with OPOS) and send both jobs at once from the RIP & Print manager, the Summa registers the OPOS fine, but cuts the intended contour out 1/16th of an inch off to the right, and down.

Now, I've contacted our Tech Support rep, and he ran me through my settings as well as urged me to register my OPOS on the Summa settings over a dozen times (which I did). Despite all my efforts (and fiddling with all the settings in Production Manager as well as on the Summa itself), I can't seem to get the infernal thing to line up and negate the 1/16 inch gap that it cuts.

I was wondering if anyone has had this problem previous, for all I know, it may be the simplest thing in the world, but I'm having a hell of a time working it out. The problem is, I have no idea if the issue lies in Flexi, the way I'm setting it up or if its the Summa itself. Any input would be greatly appreciated, I'm getting pretty annoyed with having to always move my contour lines over in Flexi so it lines up.

Thanks!

- Colin