• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RIP Software Suggestions

myront

CorelDRAW is best
My set up of choice is Corel Draw with Onyx.

We use CorelDraw/PhotoPaint/Photoshop for all design/cut with FineCut plug in. We use Flexi Print Manager to print only.
Design from various workstations and drop finals for print into the hot folder on the RIP station. Print tech takes it from there to set up media profiles, quantities, etc.

visual800

Ive been using flexi since 99 and I love it. Ive said it before Ill say it again STOP UPGRADING YOUR COMPUTERS AND SOFTWARE. I stopped upgrading my iphone because of the issues it was having on the last one I owned.

I run windows 7 no updates, flexi10 no updates, adobe illus cs5 no updates. I have no issues with anything

Your issues are NOT with flexi your issues are with its updates, stop doing it. AND if you guys are on that cloud all I can say is that your just F*******ed

Mega-Tech

Your issues are NOT with flexi your issues are with its updates, stop doing it.

Flexi makes the updates, therefore the issues ARE with Flexi. That's like saying Ford's not at fault for updating the firmware in your ECM through a recall which causes worse fuel mileage. That's just non-sense.

AND if you guys are on that cloud all I can say is that your just F*******ed

Show me on ThinkSAI's website where you can buy a non-cloud version?

How on earth are you opening files customers send in Adobe CC formats like AI CC 2018 with your old CS5?

I'm glad your old versions work for you, but many of us don't have a choice in the matter.

visual800

Flexi makes the updates, therefore the issues ARE with Flexi. That's like saying Ford's not at fault for updating the firmware in your ECM through a recall which causes worse fuel mileage. That's just non-sense.

How on earth are you opening files customers send in Adobe CC formats like AI CC 2018 with your old CS5?

I'm glad your old versions work for you, but many of us don't have a choice in the matter.

Im still using flexi on a cd as well as illustrator. Illustrator can be saved back to the version Im using. You can get on websites and still buy flexi on cd's, you can still get windows 7 on cd.

The issues I have with updates is that it makes other components non compatible. When I was updating stuff all of a sudden my update I did on my comp would no longer accept flexi, forcing me to upgrade flexi which cost money. Windows updates eventually will bog a computer down rendering it useless after a few years.

That is why I refuse to get on the cloud. I understand some of you are on it and you need it, i dont like it and want no part of it.

Sam Knight

We have a Windows set-up here and we also have the same 2 machines- Latex360 and Summa S2 T series 140. We run Wasatch 7.1 just fine for our printing and print/cutting needs
Can I ask how you run a HP360 with Wasatch 7.1 please? As its not in the model list. Im just about to upgrade my HP260 to a 360 but dont want the monthly ongoings of Wasatch8 - any info greatly appreciated - cheers.

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer

Still running Flexi, ver 22 on a perpetual version. Call SAi, and ask the salesperson how to upgrade or purchase a perpetual version of FlexiSign. Upgrading from 19 to 22 for FlexiSign&Print is like $1100 and FlexiDesigner is about $800.