• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

rip station

highway85

Hello

First off, Merry Christmas Signs101 family!

I'm looking for suggestions on what computer to get to become a rip station.

The rip software to be used is caldera's visualrip+ 9

Thanks for the help

Marcel

Mike F

Have SignBurst build you one, they're a merchant member here. I've heard nothing but good things about their builds.

highway85

appreciate the help!

read all threads.

i guess the real question i have is, with caldera needing to run on a linux os, and we have windows programs, will it be better to get 1 powerful computer and install both os or do i get 2 computers.

signswi

Your rip should be on it's own computer for obvious reasons unless you're a really small shop with low volume. Even then having to reboot to run your printer would be a pain in the arse, though I suppose you could use VirtualBox...

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Ask Caldera if its Processor intensive or Hardware/data intensive. I still use Colorburst for my Vuteks and it needs good hard drive thruput. have a Single high speed Sata Scratch disk for that purpose. Output to a raid level 0 for faster writing of the print files!