• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RIP weirdness

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
RIPing and printing a print/cut job with Flexi 8.6v2 to a Mutoh Valuejet 1204..

A 44" long print shows distortion at the tail end of the print. I've printed this thing this way and rotated it 180 degrees, re-RIPed, and the distortion is always at the end of the print. What are supposed to be straight lines on Y become visibly distorted. It would appear to be just the trailing edge of the image. There is no distortion anywhere else.

I have never, as in ever, encountered this before.

Attachments

• print_weirdness.jpg
    print_weirdness.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 82

OPTIMA GRAPHICS

did you ever figure out what was causing this? I'm experiencing something like this to a degree, but have seen similar issues from my Mutoh's in the past. I'm currently working with Signwarehouse to troubleshoot my problem, as the tech says he's never seen it before either. I wasn't sure if you'd be able to point me in any sort of direction.

thewvsignguy

We have this happen only using a certain Oracal profile. It only happens when we print using no color correction with that profile. Don't know a fix for it other then changing the rendering.... really weird indeed.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I've hit it - hard.
Flexi 8.6 on a vj1304
Only happens to me if it is a vector layout wrapped in an eps/ai container.
No idea what it is but the fix was to rasterize the file - worked 100% of the time.

wayne k
guam usa