• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ripped File OK but Print is Not...

GraphxGirl

I have two separate Illustrator files that I have saved as PDF files. I have ripped them in Onyx. Both files have been scaled up and each have 8 tiles. The first and last tiles are printing black and white while the remaining 6 tiles in between are printing correctly.

I have saved these files in different formats and have re ripped them and I get the same results. Has anyone else come across this and if so, can you help me please.

Thanks in advance,
GraphxGirl

MyShop

We're having a similar problem with Onyx (layout manager). Multi page pdf in, and if you just let it go the first and last pages are ok but all the pages in the middle are missing elements, etc.

If I open the pdf in Preflight and hit "apply" so it pre-rips all the pages then it works correctly. Not sure what the cause may be.

GraphxGirl

I have tried to set the tiles up in Illustrator. I ripped the ones that were printing black and white and they are still printing that way. Any other suggestions???

rfulford

Onyx's Vutek drivers for the 5300 series used to do this randomly. They print in greyscale randomly. Infuriating!

GraphxGirl

The tiles that are printing incorrectly are approx. 106 5/8"w. I just figured out, for me to do this job in-house, I need to split that dimension in half and all the tiles print correctly. Go figure...but at least I can stop banging my head against my desk LOL!

Thanks for all the help.