Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.


  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Ripping needed.

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by William McMahon, Apr 18, 2018.

  1. William McMahon

    William McMahon New Member

    I plan to do a trailer wrap and I will be designing the graphics in Photoshop. I don't plan to do many (any) more wraps so I have not invested in rip software and I am looking to see if anyone is available that I may sub out the rip work to for a fee.
    I will likely be using 365 to have the graphics printed so I will likely only need help with the panel set up.
    I think the trailer is 14' long.
    I am new here to the forum and I hope this type of soliciting is allowed.
    Please let me know if you would be interested in helping me with this project.
  2. papabud

    papabud Lone Wolf

    Mar 7, 2016
    Toledo, OH
    how do you print to the 365 if your not using a rip software?
  3. William McMahon

    William McMahon New Member

    Up to this point I've only had partials that didn't require any overlapping panels.
  4. papabud

    papabud Lone Wolf

    Mar 7, 2016
    Toledo, OH
    panels are easy you just set a page size to your panel size.
    but how do you print?
  5. This is an interesting start to a thread.... get your popcorn
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. William McMahon

    William McMahon New Member

    I send my files to signs365.com
    they come in a day ready to go
  7. CanuckSigns

    CanuckSigns Very Active Member

    Nov 11, 2008
    does signs 365 not panel the prints for you? I would imagine you can specify the amount of overlap you want etc.

    If not then set the panels up in photoshop and submit each panel as a separate file
  8. Pauly

    Pauly Colour Guru

    Feb 14, 2016
    You can't sub out RIP work. Your RIP - Raster Image Processor does exactly that. You load your image to the RIP, tell it what media is loaded in the printer, then the RIP will adjust the colours according to your ICC profiles and send it to your printer.

    Im not sure what RIP will suit you, I use Onyx x12.2 but it wont do what you're asking. I know there's other software for that.
  9. William McMahon

    William McMahon New Member

    ok, thank you
  10. 2CT Media

    2CT Media Very Active Member

    Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    You just need someone to panel your artwork and prep for printing. Using the RIP is typically the process of translating images to the format your printer needs to print it.
  11. ikarasu

    ikarasu Very Active Member

    Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    Google Adobe illustrator clipping mask.

    Set your artwork to size... Copy the image to like 5 different layers.

    In layer one, make a square 53" x the height of your files. Goto move, tell it to move 52.5", tell it to "copy" instead of move... Then repeat that until you get to the end of your panels.

    Copy each rectangle + your artwork to a new layer... Select all, ctrl + 7... And there's your panel. Goto layer two... Do the same thing... There's panel 2. Rinse and repeat... It's easy.

    However signs 365 should be able to do this for you automatically.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Bly

    Bly Very Active Member

    Mar 9, 2004
    Surely whoever prints this will do it easily in their RIP when setting the job up for print.
    • Agree Agree x 1

Share This Page