• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RJ-900 E084erry2current error

GSHL1000

When we start up the machine it initializes and then gives the following error (E084erry2current). all the lights are blinking it does not respond to any buttons.

randya

084 is a pf overcurrent error.
Make sure that the gritted roller is not bound up and turns freely.
Could be a belt, a drive motor, or some binding in the feed system.

If it is a 084err2
That could be a catch all error and rather hard to track down.

Clean you encoder strip for the carriage (this is the CF motor).
Pull the carriage out to the middle and power the printer on, if it errors out immediately it is probably not the encoder strip.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
I am having this same error on a customer's RJ900. Isn't the y axis for the head carriage? Would like to confirm before I order a replacement motor.
I'm also getting an intermittent knocking sound, which I believe may be a stretched paper feed belt jumping teeth.

heyskull

We had a knocking/clunking noise on our Mutoh VJ1604 and it turned out to be the encoder sensor touching the encoder disc.

SC

printerdoc

I found a simple solution for this problem. I just aquired a Mutoh RJ-900C and had this error code showing up when I powered it up. While looking up this error code I found this forum. Then I went out and check out the plotter and found that on the front left edge of the carriage is a solenoid. If it is out of place the carriage won't be released from it's capped position and then you get the E084ErrY2current error. Just lift up the pin on the solenoid put it back in the hole and it works.