• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RJ900 problem. Need some help/thoughts please!

rubo

Hi folks, here is the deal - Mutoh RJ900 stopped firing inks. I did change he printhead - actually, tried some 4 or 5 heads - all working - took them off working machines - still no go.The printheads work once put back in respective printers. I have some ink sipped on the data cable that goes into the motherboard. Any idea what should I do next? Change the cable? (this is too obvious, haven't done it yet). What would be the next step? Are there any fuses on the board that need to be checked? The printer does everything it supposed to do - except printing. Don't want to trow it away. Tnx in advance!

rivaldawg

Hi folks, here is the deal - Mutoh RJ900 stopped firing inks. I did change he printhead - actually, tried some 4 or 5 heads - all working - took them off working machines - still no go.The printheads work once put back in respective printers. I have some ink sipped on the data cable that goes into the motherboard. Any idea what should I do next? Change the cable? (this is too obvious, haven't done it yet). What would be the next step? Are there any fuses on the board that need to be checked? The printer does everything it supposed to do - except printing. Don't want to trow it away. Tnx in advance!

Did you ever find resolution to this? I'm experiencing same thing. thank you

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Did you ever find resolution to this? I'm experiencing same thing. thank you

The fuse that protects the head on the main board is blown no doubt about it. Depending on when your RJ-900 was manufactured, it may have a socketed fuse that you can just pop a new one into but it could also need to be soldered on if it is older. 750mA 125v quick blow nano fuse is what you need.

rivaldawg

The fuse that protects the head on the main board is blown no doubt about it. Depending on when your RJ-900 was manufactured, it may have a socketed fuse that you can just pop a new one into but it could also need to be soldered on if it is older. 750mA 125v quick blow nano fuse is what you need.

Hi - actually, I removed the fuse and tested it with ohm meter and it showed, "good". I went ahead and ordered another one and replaced the old. I'm still in the same condition - nothing comes out of print head even though I've cleaned it and the lines are clear and ink flows in waste tank during cleaning cycle. Is a bad head the only thing left?
thank you!