• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RJ900X not sublimation

msheffield

Has anyone ever converted the RJ900X over to a regular ink for canvas, etc? Or does anyone know of a dealer that sales these printers for something besides sublimation? I have three of them and are getting out of sublimation. Trying to see if I can swap inks and get another use out of them. Thanks

kheebl

I was looking for the same thing recently. I had a buddy of mine get out of sublimation and was willing to give me 2 of those printers for free. 1 was working just needed a new head and another for parts. But from all of my research I never found anyone that had successfully converted it over from a sublimation printer

msheffield

I think I’m going To try to call Mutoh tomorrow. They lost it for aqueous, due and pigment inks. Hopefully I can get through and they can tell me somewhere to call or something to do.

kheebl

I think I’m going To try to call Mutoh tomorrow. They lost it for aqueous, due and pigment inks. Hopefully I can get through and they can tell me somewhere to call or something to do.

If you figure something out can you send the info my way?

msheffield

Call STS ink in Florida. The guy down there claims he can create the profile for it. I'm still debating on doing it or not.

Caleb Solano

Did anyone ever reach any conclusions on this? I have an RJ900X that is currently configured for sublimation, but I have since then replaced it with Epson printers and now curious if I can switch it to standard aqueous ink.