Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RJ900X not sublimation

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by msheffield, Jun 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. msheffield

msheffield New Member

Oct 29, 2017
    Alabama
    Has anyone ever converted the RJ900X over to a regular ink for canvas, etc? Or does anyone know of a dealer that sales these printers for something besides sublimation? I have three of them and are getting out of sublimation. Trying to see if I can swap inks and get another use out of them. Thanks

Tags:
  2. kheebl

kheebl Member

Mar 7, 2014
    MPLS, MN
    I was looking for the same thing recently. I had a buddy of mine get out of sublimation and was willing to give me 2 of those printers for free. 1 was working just needed a new head and another for parts. But from all of my research I never found anyone that had successfully converted it over from a sublimation printer

3. msheffield

msheffield New Member

Oct 29, 2017
    Alabama
    I think I’m going To try to call Mutoh tomorrow. They lost it for aqueous, due and pigment inks. Hopefully I can get through and they can tell me somewhere to call or something to do.

4. kheebl

kheebl Member

Mar 7, 2014
    MPLS, MN
    If you figure something out can you send the info my way?

5. msheffield

msheffield New Member

Oct 29, 2017
    Alabama
    Call STS ink in Florida. The guy down there claims he can create the profile for it. I'm still debating on doing it or not.