• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rockhopper 3 65" aka Flacon

Sinny Print

Rockhopper 3 65" aka falcon
Hi all,

If anyone has any experience of the Mutoh Rockhopper 3 wide format can you let me know what problems you have had.

I purchased a 65" model last year and since install have had continued problems with ink dropping and poor print quality. Technicians have attended numerous times, replacing heads, capping station, dampers etc.

Yesterday another visit after the machine being out of action again, one query was why is the head filling with air when required to put out large amounts of ink, why constant ink contamination, and also why has the maintenance station become mis aligned after only having been done two months prior and the mounting brackets fot the maintenance station been bent?

Would any of these problems account for a scratched head other than a media strike.

Anyone know how something would become mis aligned and also how we can go about repairing this problem so we can actually get some use from our £20k investment.

TIA

:thankyou:

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Are you using it continuously or does it set for a day or 2 between uses. The cross contamination could be from setting too long between prints. There is a clip that holds the head in the home position. If it gets bent too far downward it can keep the head from going to the home position. It usually causes an error message but it may be just slowing the head down enough to make it misalign.

Over tightening the nuts on the dampers can crack the threads on the dampers. Cracked threads will allow air to get into the lines and the ink will drop out. Don't use a wrench, finger tighten only. Also make sure the o rings are in place.

Welcome from OK