• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

rockhopper 3 extreme 65 no print

mortil

hi. i have a rockhopper 3 extreme 65 that has been clogged up in the heads. when flushing the heads i only got about 2-3 jets of flush in the whole row. but after 30 min ish in ultrasonic cleaner (not the electronic bart just the head) it wont print anything at all but its full open now.

im quite new to solvent printers and wants to learn on this one.

heyskull

Obviously your heads are past reclaiming.
It's time to buy new ones.
Personally I think ultrasonic cleaning etc. is a waste of time once you have lost more than 10% of your nozzles.
Unless caught early on and the head has not had tens of thousands of hours of use you may gain something.
But in the end nothing lasts for ever.

SC

mortil

Obviously your heads are past reclaiming.
It's time to buy new ones.
Personally I think ultrasonic cleaning etc. is a waste of time once you have lost more than 10% of your nozzles.
Unless caught early on and the head has not had tens of thousands of hours of use you may gain something.
But in the end nothing lasts for ever.

SC

ok ok. thanks for answer. is it worth buying new heads for the rockhopper 3 ? or check for a new printer ?

heyskull

The Rockhopper extreme uses DX4 heads and has 4off them if I remember.
If you know the machine it might be worth the expense of new heads and data cables.
But if the machine is unknown and bought as it is at the moment you may find it will cost thousands to get running and it may be wiser move to find a newer machine.

SC

mortil

The Rockhopper extreme uses DX4 heads and has 4off them if I remember.
If you know the machine it might be worth the expense of new heads and data cables.
But if the machine is unknown and bought as it is at the moment you may find it will cost thousands to get running and it may be wiser move to find a newer machine.

SC

yes . DX4 heads. but this machine is converted to running 6 colors so only 3 heads is in use.
i got it from the swedish mutoh reseller as i got a good contact there. he assured me that the printer was printing fine until it was swapped for a newer bigger printer at the former owner. all nozzle checks was fine then.

had a chat today with their service personal and he told me it was most likely the pump/s.

Slimoff

Pumps are easy to check- just remove tubing from manifold that is going to waste tank , start cleaning and check that ink is dripping out of them, if it is, that means your pump is working.
I bet that you destroyed head electronics during cleaning.

mortil

nope.. or just in one of them it drips out. the other ones its just like a bubble that goes in and out of the hose...

well. if heads is broke then ill have to buy new ones or another printer.. the heads was not that great from the beginning so it was comming anyways..

thanks guys :)