• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rockhopper 38 help!

BobCap

I have a Rockhopper 38 and I run Flexi 8.6 V II software on a Windows 2000 server system.

This has been a great working system until today.

And of course I have several projects backed up.

Today it started only printing out part of the banner. Every time it seems to print a different amout.

No errors come up on the machine. Just goes to "Plot OK"

Production manager just sits there at whatever amout is printed...

I have no screen savers or power management running on the server. I believe this is the only thing running (as far as applications).

HELP!

And of course thanks for your help...

Bob Cap
AAI
Gilbert, MN

dj_elite

Same problem I had with mine. I adjusted voltage and that worked for a short time. It started happening shortly after again. I tried different tests with Mutoh techs and they determined to the best of their knowledge (without looking at the printer) that it was the powerboard. I had already changed my mainboard months before, so another $800 for a powerboard was a no go. I gave in and bought a new printer. If you search the archives there is a whole thread I have on this problem

BobCap

Voltage adjustment

Seems to me we did that when we first set the printer up.

Does anybody have that tech sheet? I can't seem to find any of my Mutoh tech info including my service manual. (I did just fire one of my employees - maybe he took them with him...)

If you could email it to me at:

bobcap@mchsi.com

Thanks

Bob

BobCap

Mutoh's website

Either I'm blind...or...can't seem to find anything on the mutoh sits about the voltage adjustment...???

tbear483

mine just did same

I have a Rockhopper 38 and I run Flexi 8.6 V II software on a Windows 2000 server system.

This has been a great working system until today.

And of course I have several projects backed up.

Today it started only printing out part of the banner. Every time it seems to print a different amout.

No errors come up on the machine. Just goes to "Plot OK"

Production manager just sits there at whatever amout is printed...

I have no screen savers or power management running on the server. I believe this is the only thing running (as far as applications).

HELP!

And of course thanks for your help...

Bob Cap
AAI
Gilbert, MN

anyone have further suggestions

tbear483

just ot mine workin, talked to mutoh america and figured out thar the lpt1 printer cable had gone bad at the connection at the printer
replaced the cable and it started working correctly again
i hope this helps someone