• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rockhopper Motherboard fuse ?

No Name

Hello,

just managed to change the headboard on my Rockhopper and got it up and running.
Printed fine and all is well until it just stops in the middle of a test run.
No power what so ever!
Is there some sort of main fuse on the motherboard that could have blown?

Sorry, works again. Wasn´t a fuse.

CRD

Good to hear the head board was the problem.

The other problem was the powercable dropping out of the entry? :)

Paco

No Name

The other problem was the powercable dropping out of the entry? :)

Paco

No such luck :banghead:

Didi it again.
While switching on, lights on the panel flash once but will not power up.

What´s wrong now???

I need to get this thing running, jobs are piling up already...

CRD

First take off pressure and search for reliable outsource company to print the pile.

No idea what can cause the power dropout.

Paco

Slimoff

No such luck :banghead:

Didi it again.
While switching on, lights on the panel flash once but will not power up.

What´s wrong now???

I need to get this thing running, jobs are piling up already...
Short circuit somwhere can cause that behavior.

CRD

If you like troubleshooting, remove connectors on main pcb and replace them one by one to see where the problem is.
Heaters, heads and so on.
Paco

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Try removing the main board memory, cleaning the terminal and leads and then re-seat it back in the board. That works in the ValueJets when they have this problem. Make sure to unplug the machine, hit the power button and let it sit for 15 minutes at least before messing around with the boards.

No Name

Power issues are sorted.
Nothing major, one ribbon cable was acting up.

Printing still not working (head 1)...

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Power issues are sorted.
Nothing major, one ribbon cable was acting up.

Printing still not working (head 1)...

You blew a head fuse on the main board. Look for fuses F1 and F2 on the main board and test for continuity. That will tell you which one is bad. You can replace the fuse with a 2 amp quick blow fuse. Do not try to jump the fuse with alligator clips or anything as that will just cause more problems.

No Name

You blew a head fuse on the main board. Look for fuses F1 and F2 on the main board and test for continuity. That will tell you which one is bad. You can replace the fuse with a 2 amp quick blow fuse. Do not try to jump the fuse with alligator clips or anything as that will just cause more problems.

Both fuses are allready been changed and naturally I checked them as a first job. Meter says that they are both ok, but I do have some spare fuses so maybe I´ll try with another one anyway.
Thanks though.

No Name

Both fuses are allready been changed and naturally I checked them as a first job. Meter says that they are both ok, but I do have some spare fuses so maybe I´ll try with another one anyway.
Thanks though.

So, I checked the head fuses again and they are fine.
I also switched the heads and tried to print (nozzle check) that way. Old head works and the new does not.
So the fuses, new headboard and ribboncable are ok, right? The problem has to be with the new head, right?

Slimoff

So, I checked the head fuses again and they are fine.
I also switched the heads and tried to print (nozzle check) that way. Old head works and the new does not.
So the fuses, new headboard and ribboncable are ok, right? The problem has to be with the new head, right?

if old head is working on channel where new one does not, than new one is dead.

No Name

Problem fidex.

I´m still not certain what it was, but after I took everything off (heads, ribbons, cables, boards, dampers etc.) and put them back and made sure again that there is ink in lines and dampers and so on, it started working again. One happy camper here!

Thanks all for your concern and ideas.