• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rocognise this funky letterstyle?

signbrad

It was designed by the dentist.

I think the
attachment.php

crossbar of the 'A' needs braces.

Attachments

• Aaron Craig DDS letterstyle.jpg
    Aaron Craig DDS letterstyle.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 118

signbrad

Thank you, Signosaurus.
You nailed it.

If you are ever at a Walldogs meet I will buy you an ice cream cone. Or a beer, if you prefer.

Brad in Kansas City

signbrad

Thank you, Fred.
I've been in signs 40 years and did not know Wright designed lettering. His art deco letter styles seem to have been designed in conjunction with specific projects.

Our dentist client told us he designed his own "logo." Apparently he just chose a letterstyle he liked and then topped it with some clipart he found. Now I'm wondering if the image above the lettering is also a Wright design. It looks like it could be. Maybe the dentist always wanted to be an architect.

At any rate, I have been to the library and have started a bio of Wright (Frank Lloyd Wright—A Life, by A L Huxtable). The record of his personal life seems to be as interesting as his innovative architecture.

Brad

vid

...(edit) Now I'm wondering if the image above the lettering is also a Wright design. It looks like it could be. Maybe the dentist always wanted to be an architect. At any rate, I have been to the library and have started a bio of Wright (Frank Lloyd Wright—A Life, by A L Huxtable). The record of his personal life seems to be as interesting as his innovative architecture. Brad

Immediately thought of FLW when I saw the logo. Didn't know he designed the font though - thanks Fred.

As for the logo, it's is heavily influenced by Frank.
Another designer in the shop and I were image searching his stained glass work just last week. We were looking for inspiration for an etched vinyl application for a bank of conference room glass.

Good stuff.

It's good stuff.

Attachments

• image-2828571275.jpg
    image-2828571275.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 61

SignosaurusRex

Thank you, Signosaurus.
You nailed it.

If you are ever at a Walldogs meet I will buy you an ice cream cone. Or a beer, if you prefer.

Brad in Kansas City

I will collect on that offer one of these days! :thumb:
I had hopes of making it to at least one of the Walldog meets this year ...not gonna happen. Maybe next year. New house and shop construction plans take priority. :wink: