• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rolan SP-300v Head Problem?!?

chri55

Hi all need help Identifying / fixing the problem with our Roland SP-300v printer.

The problem is mostly with the black. I suspect the head is blocked but don’t know how to rectify this, without spending loads on a new print head.

I’ve read some forum pages where people do a head soak / or use flush cartridges. But as this is something I’ve nether tackled before and I’m a bit concerned about making the problem worse.

Being out of warranty I’ve had to change parts in the past with success, these parts are the usual things like the linear strip, the strip sensor, pinch rollers, the media width wire that connects the cutting tool to the main board at the back of the printer and the usual throw away cleaning parts like sponges and wipers. So I’m able to get into the service mode as well if this helps.

The printer heaters run at around 42-44 and changing this setting does not seem to affect the print quality to much.

Now the printer is about 6-7 years old and the black has for years now been slightly temperamental but in the last year become steadily worse. Not it seems to produce a hazed / blurred edge instead of giving crisp one like it used to.

Here is the test print taken this morning after the printer was manually cleaned followed by a 'medium' head clean:

Test Print.jpg

Thanks in advance