• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rolan VS 300i cyan overspray

Printer101

Hi guys , thats me again. I been dealing with 2 issues simultaneously : gray turning pink and cyan overspray whenever I print anything that has blue color in it.
Pink color aside. Whats up with this cyan overspray ? I been emailing with Roland tech support about my issues. After they couldn't help me with pinks and grays they ignored my question about overspray.
Tech simply told me I need new print head and quoted me 3350$ ( I assume thats print head and installation ??). Sad Face.
Is there any way to fix this overspray ? I might somehow survive without gray but these blue dots are ruining everything for me.

blue overspray 2.jpg
blue overspray 3.jpg
20220928_122050.jpg

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Can you post a nozzle test. My guess is that the Tech is correct, I had a similar issue not too long ago with one of my SP-300V's where it would spray cyan down all over when cyan was needed, fine when not. I tried replacing, dampers captops, etc first, as they were the cheaper parts, but no help. Once the head was changed, all was great again.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If your cyan nozzle check has a lot of deflections it will cause spray like that. Usually you can do a head soak and some cleanings to try and clear them up. If your nozzle check is perfect and still sprays, the head could just be failing but I'd check the head cables and environment conditions first to rule out static.