• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland 220ml Cartridge Cleaning solutions...

Novadon

LEF2-200
Are Roland ECO-SOL MAX2 ESL4-CL and SOL-INK SL-CL the same?

Can they be used interchangeably if nothing else?

I purchased the first one in error possibly, is why I ask.

For use with an LEF2-200.

Attachments

• Inks.jpg
    Inks.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 225

netsol

I WOULD IMAGINE you could request EPA data sheets of both ink types
This should give you a good idea of the active ingredients

Take a syringe and put a little ink in a small covered Pyrex container, add a bit of EACH cleaner and see if you observe any coagulation or anything else (wait a few hours covered)

If the buffering agents (for want of the proper term) don't react badly, I would IMAGINE you are safe

I can't advise you on warranty implications, only what i would do (and have done)

Novadon

LEF2-200
Thank you for the advice, but that process seems a little beyond my expertise and gambling skills. I'll probably just not use the MAX2 product then.

Rodge Roo

I know this sounds mad, but I have had three Roland Techs tell me that the CL does no cleaning. Its a bad name for a dummy to fill colours not used on 8 colour Roland's in order to stop any unused cannels from drying up. That's it, no cleaning power but hey they could all be wrong I guess. I have one here you can have if you willing to pay for the postage from Australia.

Novadon

LEF2-200
I understand the point of using SL CL in place of ink for head fluid fulfillment in certain situations, as I am set up minus white, gloss or primer in positions 5&6 (see earlier pic). I chose this configuration day one with the Roland Installation Tech, as I print only black lettering as a substitute process of what was a Screen Printing of characters on Electronic Panels that I manufacture. Taking white (with its own settling / hardening / clogging) issues out of the equation seemed like a major plus as well.

As far as being a "Cleaner", SL CL is the only chemical of choice for Head Refreshing, so I don't follow the no cleaner mystique being relayed here. Know what I mean?

Attachments

• SL CL.jpg
    SL CL.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Panel.png
    Panel.png
    179.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Novadon

LEF2-200
I also contacted Roland Support since first posting and got their typical short, safe and noncommittal response...
"No they are not the same, please use what is required for your unit this can void your warranty."

Novadon

LEF2-200
To add...

Pic below is the cleaner that I'm questioning the use of:

And here is an interesting Roland LEF2 related cleaning publication that I found as well:

Attachments

• Cleaner.jpg
    Cleaner.jpg
    777.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

netsol

I know this sounds mad, but I have had three Roland Techs tell me that the CL does no cleaning. Its a bad name for a dummy to fill colours not used on 8 colour Roland's in order to stop any unused cannels from drying up. That's it, no cleaning power but hey they could all be wrong I guess. I have one here you can have if you willing to pay for the postage from Australia.
"cleaner" is simply the carrier (solvent, or whatever you want to call it) with no pigment, dye. titanium [the stuff with the color}
which is often used as "flush" it is not a cleaner,. which would contain acetone, MEK (it's probably illegal to even talk about MEK these days) or isopropyl)

in simplest terms, what is in "cleaner cartridges is simply "ink with no color component"

Novadon

LEF2-200
Call it what you want.

Roland says it is a Cleaning Liquid, and my Refresher Sheets post cleaning process would certainly agree. Yeah...it is a cleaner.

netsol

Did any of you previously have an epson ultrachrome printer?
inkjetmall sells piezoflush A TRUE CLEANER that unclogs nozzles and has a small amount of red pigment SO YOU CAN TELL IF THE CLOG HAS CLEARED