• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland 300v has my head spinning!

LousShirtShack

I've been printing to my Roland 300 for over a year now. The cable run to the printer is pretty long for a usb (no network on the 300V). My solution about a year ago was some iogear USB ethernet extenders. (allows you to use cat5 and 2 usb ends to do replace a long cable run.) After about a year of working great just 2 weels ago the prints would get about 5% and stop, leaving "Now Processing" on the 300 screen. I tried sending a very simple graphic thinking maybe it was memory issue on the computer sending file, still did it. (the machine has plenty memory) Tried a powered usb hub at the end of the cable run to boost the signal right into the printer. The computer wouldn't even see the printer. Tried the usb hub out of the computer before the cable, computer wouldn't see it. Went and got 2 usb extender cables designed to make long runs, computer wouldn't see it. Moved the printer into to room with the computer, plugged it in directly and it works fine???

The problem is that this thing is like sharing an office with an elephant breathing hot air on ya all day.

Has anyone else ran across anything like this??? Does the printer just hate any other connections but a straight usb??? no hub, no extenders?

Any help would be appreciated.

noregrets

I tried a whole lot of long cables, extenders etc much the same as you have. The only thing that works reliably for me is a single 1.5m USB cable. Anything else gave the same issues you are having.....

kanini

No damages to the USB cables recently? Does the extended cables work with other equipment, just to test that the cables are OK? Got problems with a cutter that acted similar to this, changed USB cable and it was fine again...

LousShirtShack

thanks for the replies.
I know there are a couple more troubleshooting things I can do. I just wanted to hear if anyone else had tried extenders and other things with no success.
Sounds like it is very finicky. I'm going to try a usb drive at the end of the run.
Also going to pick up identical extender ends to what worked and see if they have gone out this quickly.