• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland 300v not printing 2 colors

apex

i have lent my girlfriend my printer while i was away at tour but now i come back and i notice my printer is only printing yellow and black ink.
could something be dried up? if so how do i fix this?
if not what could the issue be?
thanks

Gabriel

Hi,

Are those colors missing completly? Can u post a test print (nozzle check). Might de the dampers on those color lines. If you perform a "powerfull cleaning" there is any change?

apex

here are 2 test prints, i have all the colors printing now but just real sloppy

Offsite pics replaced. Please observe our rules on photo posting.

Attachments

• 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 98
Last edited by a moderator:

J Hill Designs

I manually undock the head, syringe cleaning fluid into the caps, and redock the head (all while the machine is off) mind you I dont have a roland, so the procedure may be quite different...maybe someone will chime in?

have you done any of the cleaning cycles? try running a couple of the cleaning cycles, maybe even do a good manual cleaning to whilst your at it.

apex

i did many cleaning cycles and a manual cleaning of the heads.
im starting to just look for a service man in the area maybe one can come by and get it fixed i rather just pay someone if its gonna take a few days for me to figure out

Gabriel

If head soak won't solve this, a new print head is required. In the capping position, try to pull with a syringe through the cap-top coresponding to group A(Cyan_Black). Just take out the tube coresponding to the cap-top from group A, from the junction with the pump tube, put a syringe there and pull gently couple of times. If this is not working, then you'll need a new print-head for sure.

Robert M

Print head

I think Gabriel may be right on that head, it looks more like deflection on an old head then a clog. What is the shot count on that head, the manufacturer says they are good for around 6 billion fires. If you need a tech manual shot me an email

If you do find you need a new head, I have them at www.solventinkjet.com