• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland 3rd party ink choices or feedback

perimage

I know this topic has been thrown around here.

I currently been using Eco-Sol Max inks. I like them even though I notice sometimes my red need more drying time.

I am curious if any has experience with the BioMG Ink for Roland. Supposed to be more eco friendly.

Thank you my fellow sign makers for your input.

Robert

nickelartistic

I have not used BioMG inks, but I have tried other 3rd party replacements for the Eco-Sols (Bordeaux). I was very happy with the color output, drying time, etc., but they did not trip the low ink alert on the printer and the cartridges would run dry. This really screwed things up with our print head and after a lot of monkeying around to fix it and equal amount of swearing I decided to go back to the Roland inks. The company was decent enough to take back our remaining inks.

ChiknNutz

Have been using Triangle MLD bulk inks since I purchased my Roland SP-540V over 4 years ago. I have had no issues as a result. It offers better durability, better chemical resistance, better color gamut and a savings of approximately 60% over OEM.

guillermo

I use the ink JetBest sells, I like those and they are in a good price range 500ml for $45.00 or so, more than double of a 440ml cartridge.

www.jetbestusa.com, look at the site and you can work a deal for a free ink for fist time customers, ask for David Chen.

Att. Guillermo

JETBEST USA

Hey Perimage
Just like Guillermo said JETBEST ink is one of the highest quality inks available out there today. We provide you with ink that is made with the highest standards. We can guarantee the same or even better results than the OEM ink.
Sincerely
Angel Ochoa
angel@jetbestusa.com
818-287-5899

AllSquare Jason

I'll tell you all the same thing I tell my Roland customers - if there was a good 3rd party ink we would be selling them.

My Roland tech stays very busy fixing printers with junk ink in them, and YES - all of them have went back to OEM ROLAND ECOMAX inks with NO ISSUES.

royster13

I think all this discussion about Third Party inks is a little misleading unless it is backed up by provable studies...I am sure either "camp" can drag out a few examples that illustrate their view....But to rely on a small selection of samples can give you a skewed result.....

WDP

Actually we never had problems with 1110 ink itself but the cartridge didn't fit right and cuased misdirected nozzles. The ink was great

zmatalucci

I'll tell you all the same thing I tell my Roland customers - if there was a good 3rd party ink we would be selling them.

My Roland tech stays very busy fixing printers with junk ink in them, and YES - all of them have went back to OEM ROLAND ECOMAX inks with NO ISSUES.

I never switched inks, and jason here has them to me faster than I can blink an eye... Allsquare is absolutely awesome in my book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuper fast shipping.... No sh-t!

Mosh

For the 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000th time, stick with ROLAND INKS! How much are you saving by putting your machine and prints at risk?

BTW what is this font????????

InkjetAuction

Inkjet printers are commercial products....

Whether or not Roland should or shouldn't provide some type limited warranty regardless of the ink used is certainly a case for debate... however Magnuson-Moss does not apply as it only applies to consumer products. I'm pretty sure that a $20,000 inkjet printer would be determined to be a commercial product and not a consumer product.

As stated in the Wiki...

A "consumer product" is generally any tangible personal property for sale and that is normally used for personal, family, or household purposes. It is important to note that the determination whether a good is a consumer product requires a factual finding, on a case-by-case basis. Najran Co. for General Contracting and Trading v. Fleetwood Enterprises, Inc., 659 F. Supp. 1081 (S.D. Ga. 1986).

Aside of the 3rd party ink debate... I think that Roland would get back all of the lost business AND STILL make a killing if they would drop ink prices by say 20-25%. Just dreaming I guess....

Jack Knight1979

Solaris inks from Fellers.
Amazing inks. Just as good as OEM.

I've used OEM LexJet, Triangle and Solaris.

Rated in order.

1) OEM & Solaris
2) Triangle (very distant 2nd place)
Last = LexJet. so horrible Lexjet pulled the ink.

NZDR-Payne

Lots of good information and opinions here. Of course, I'm going to be a bit biased about 3rd-party ink. Just do your homework, talk to users of the products and make sure the supplier stands behind the product.

G-Artist

How about an analogy to steer your thinking a bit?

How would you feel if bought a new car or truck and the mfg. stated you could only use X-Brand of gas and oil or NO warantee? You'd scream.

Oh, and guess what? All the gasoline vendors get their product from the same storage tanks at the depot as do their competitors. All that happens is once the tanker trucks are filled, the drivers climb on top, pours in the company's additives and start their delivery route.

So, just where is the Roland (or Mimaki, or whomever) ink factory located? I'd like to visit.

ProColorGraphics

Solaris inks from Fellers.
Amazing inks. Just as good as OEM.

I've used OEM LexJet, Triangle and Solaris.

Rated in order.

1) OEM & Solaris
2) Triangle (very distant 2nd place)
Last = LexJet. so horrible Lexjet pulled the ink.

Can you give us any more details on why you like the Solaris so much? Just curious on stuff like switching process, color match, maintenance, ect.

Thanks.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
A lot of users using 3rd party ink has positive feedbacks and saved thousands of dollars.
A lot of users using 3rd party ink has negative feedbacks and lost thousands of dollars.

I think the reason being Eco Sol is so reliable is due to its QC in Japan. We import Japanese products also and their quality control is much superior vs other countries. They'd rather break their promised ETA than giving you products that they can't sleep at night.

Fieldcenter USA Inc