• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland 540 sp pinch roller error

dyngraphics

I now have setup errors with the right and left pinch rollers. The head does not recognize either edge. Do I assume there is a reader error due to a bad ribbon cable? Since this problem, I also cannot get it to recognize my crop marks.

GTSTech_1

Could be the Ribbon Cable, or the "cut carriage board", pinch roller sensor is different than the crop mark sensor, but both are connected to "cut carriage board". I would clean both sensors, make sure your pinch wheels are in proper place. Check your sensors (in maintence mode) if they test ok, replace the ribbon cable.

Good luck

GTSTech

dyngraphics

Thank you for the suggestion. After implementing your ideas, still had the same issue. I had to replace the one inch card cable. It had an almost invisible kink in it where it was attached to the card.

Collins Signs

be sure to set the base point just to the right of the crop mark with the rectangle under it, it will not read it otherwise.

Kenny