• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Black not printing right

JLD984

Hi All, I'm printing on a Roland SP540V and lately the black has been printing poorly. It's fuzzy and inaccurate with small text/fine lines and is banding when printing solid black areas. I've cleaned everything and done all the maintenance I know of that can be done but nothing has helped. I was told it might be that the cartridge is running low but I'm well into the next cartridge now. Any help appreciated.

MattR

We use a Roland Hi Fi Jet FJ540 for dye sub printing and we get that exact problem with the black from time to time. We use PhotoPrint Server for ripping and when the technicians installed the Roland they set the 'Media' (paper) setting in the Job Properties to 'Others' and that's always worked fine for us.

However, when we started having this problem like you're having, we found that if we simply changed that 'Others' setting to 'Others Matte' the issue cleared up straight away. It worked for us, but may not be as easy for you. At the end of the day, it was a media setting in the RIP software properties, not the actual printer so maybe have a change of some settings and it might work?

VL

We are having the same black banding issue with our 540i and it is also light black printing. I have tried different profiles, new black cartridge, replaced dampers, tried different media, cleaned it over and over, etc. So now I am thinking that it is either the feed motor or the room tempture. Does anyone know the ideal humidity and room temperature. I pulled up Roland's site to see but what they suggest but it's a pretty big gap.

VL

We print the nozzle feed test and it looks great. Yesterday I printed a bunch, prints looked great. Today I printed 4 prints and then on the 5th the banding appeared. Printed a nozzle test looks good., cleaned and then another test, then another print and it is banding. I actually think it's a motor feed issue. Tomorrow I have a Roland tech coming so I hope he can fix it.